Tuesday 7 July 2020

Hello to your year 6 teacher!



Hello, my name is Miss Craven and I’m going to be your new teacher in year 6 from September. I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and having a great year of working as a team!

I’m sure lots of you are feeling a little apprehensive about coming back to school in September after the odd year we’ve all had but don’t worry, we’ll work together to adapt and change anything we need to and hopefully have a great adventure along the way. This is going to be my first year at Carlton-in-Snaith Primary School so I’m counting on all of you to prevent me from getting lost and show me how all the different routines work.

Before working in Carlton I have worked in a few different schools in Selby, Castleford and Wakefield. I have lived in Selby since I was your age and I grew up in Thorpe Willoughby. When I’m not in school I like to spend time with my friends eating nice food. What do you like to do with your friends? I also enjoy taking my little black pug Enzo for walks when the weather is nice, he especially likes the beach. Do you have any pets? My other hobbies include baking nice treats!

I have heard that usually we would get to spend a morning getting to know each other but unfortunately this year that won’t be able to take place. I wondered if you could write an ‘All about me’ like this with a picture of yourself so I can get to know you a little before we start and hopefully try and get to know some of your names.

When you have done it you can either email it to Mrs Burton (MrsBurton2020@carlton-in-snaith.n-yorks.sch.uk) who will pass it on to me or you can drop it off in school and I can pick them up next time I’m in.

Really looking forward to seeing you all in September and having an exciting year together, but until then keep safe and write to me instead.

Miss Craven x

No comments: